Monday, October 11, 2010

Candy Bar Cake

You may also know this cake by another name, but around here we're callin it candy bar cake. I asked Matt what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday (not that he really cared what kind it was) but I got him to pick something. He said either a yellow cake with some kind of custard in the middle (aka Boston Cream Pie) or this cake. If you haven't had it before, it's really good, but definitely not going to help you lose weight. I only made 1/2 of the recipe in a 9 in. pan since there's only 2 of us, and it was still a little too much.
Candy Bar Cake




Ingredients:
1 box of chocolate cake mix (or make your own- I made Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake recipe
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 6 oz. jar caramel topping (I used Mrs. Richardson's Butterscotch Caramel sauce, soo good!!)
8 oz. cool whip (I just made whipped cream since i'm not a big fan of cool whip.)
toffee pieces for topping (I used a bag of Heath bits that you find in the baking section)

Directions:
Prepare cake according to directions on box/recipe and bake in 9x13 in. pan. When done, pierce cake all over with fork then pour condensed milk and caramel all over cake. Before serving, top with cool whip and candy pieces. I also poured more caramel sauce over individual slices before serving.
Follow TawnyAlexander on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. I tried this recipe and I loved it but I bought Symphony bars and I broke them into pieces and made holes in the cake and I put the symphony candy inside the cake it was really good .

    ReplyDelete