Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake

I've had this recipe bookmarked for a very long time. It was my first time making a cheesecake, (except it was more like half cake-or cinnamon roll, and half cheesecake). And one of the reasons why I wanted a springform pan. I was very pleased with how this turned out and im sure the little boy in my belly is too. I'll be adding this one to my recipe collection. In fact I liked it more than a regular cinnamon roll thanks to the cheesecake addition.

Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
Culinary Concoctions by Peabody

Cinnamon Roll Batter:
2/3 cup white sugar
¼ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 egg
½ cup whole milk
1 TBSP vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Cheesecake filling:
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 TBSP vanilla extract
2 TBSP flour
3 eggs

Cinnamon Filling:
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
3 TBSP cinnamon

Cream Cheese Frosting:
2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
3 TBSP unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 TBSP lemon juice
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar
milk (if needed to thin frosting)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Grease 9 in. springform pan.

Cinnamon Roll Batter:
Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 min.
Add egg, milk and vanilla and beat for 1 more minute scraping bowl.
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt and add to creamed ingredients. Mix on low until combined.
Spread half of the batter onto the bottom of pan. Batter will be very sticky, so grease your hands and press dough down. Batter will rise during baking.

Cheesecake Filling:
Beat cream cheese and sugar on medium high speed for about 2 minutes.
Add eggs one at a time, scraping bowl after each addition.
Add vanilla and flour; beat for another minute.
Pour all of the cheesecake filling on top of the cinnamon roll batter in prepared pan.

Cinnamon Filling:
Combine the melted butter, cinnamon and brown sugar in a small bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
Drop spoonfuls of the filling over the top of the cheesecake.

Take the rest of the batter and drop spoonfuls over the top of the cheesecake. Using a knife, swirl together ingredients. It will be very hard as batter is thick.

Bake for 50-55 min. Cake will be lightly browned and puffy. Let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes then refrigerate for 4 hours. Warm cheesecake to room temp a little bit and frost with cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
Beat cream cheese and butter together for 2 min. Add remaining ingredients until desired consistency is reached, thinning with milk if needed.
Follow TawnyAlexander on Twitter

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this looks incredible! I've never seen a recipe for this. But the texture looks really tempting. It's great that you've crossed something off your 'bookmarked' list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was insanely good. I knew you made it when I saw it on the dessert counter (it was the prettiest dessert over there).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks divine! I love cinnamon buns and cheesecake, would never think to combine the two, how brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow... i've got to link to this over at sweet rolls that rock... and when will i ever get the chance to make it - i don't know - but it sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great cheesecake flavor. Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I ca say is WOW. This just sounds amazing.

    I'd like to invite you to share this recipe on Sweet Tooth Friday. The linky is open all week. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/02/17/chocolate-chip-toffee-bars/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I have never thought of having a sweet roll as a cheesecake, can't wait to try it :) I would love you to come visit me at thefarmgirlrecipes.blogspot.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen anything like this! As a cheesecake addict I will be bookmarking this and trying it soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, i am sure this is rich and decadent, ha! this looks great! glad to have found your blog!
    -meg
    @ http://www.clutzycooking.blogspot.com
    @ http://www.myscribblednotebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG this looks and sounds even better than the regular cinnamon rolls. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So original! What a great idea! I came to your blog from a blog hop but have found so many other good recipes! I am your newest follower :)

    Stop by my blog and follow back if you like - http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry it took me a while to come by. Your cheesecake looks incredible. I'm so glad you linked it up to Sweets for a Saturday so that everyone could get a good look at this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm hosting a sweet roll link up party, it would be great if you could link this one up:

    http://sweet-rolls-that-rock.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweet-rolls-o-rama-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete