Sunday, May 13, 2012

Bacon, Cheddar and Tomato Quiche

Did everyone have a good Mother's day?? Did you get a special breakfast? I hope so. Matt asked me what I wanted for breakfast and normally I would choose french toast, that's my favorite so naturally what I normally pick. Buuut we have SO many eggs and I don't want them to go bad. Enter the quiche. I helped Matt make it since I doubt he's ever made a quiche before and I don't mind helping. It comes together relatively quickly and all the steps are super simple. A great thing about a quiche is you can customize it to whatever vegetables/cheese/meet you have on hand or prefer. This is what I decided on and I don't think I would have changed a thing.

Bacon, Cheddar and Tomato Quiche
adapted from Picky Palate 

Ingredients:
8 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
1 cup cooked, chopped bacon pieces
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 pie crust

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pie crust in round pie plate and partially bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven.

2. Place eggs, milk, salt and pepper into stand mixer with the whisk attachment in place. Whisk until well combined, about 20 seconds. Set aside.

3. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions for about 5 minutes then add tomatoes, stirring and cooking for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.

4. Pour egg mixture into crust and top evenly with onion and tomatoes, bacon and cheese. Bake until eggs are cooked through (I think mine took about 45 min. I forgot to time it to be exact though). Serve warm. Follow TawnyAlexander on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment