Sunday, July 7, 2013

Oreo Rice Krispie Treats

I absolutely love finding new recipes to add to my "go to" sash and these will be going in it. I had to practice some strong will power to keep from taking nipples off every time I walked by them. Ok..I didn't have any will power and ate WAY too many, but the thought to refrain did cross my mind. I used the triple double ones (the kind with white AND chocolate cream filling) but with all the varieties out there you could play around and mix it up. If you're an oreo fan you're sure to like these!
Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
 
 
Ingredients:
6 cups Rice Krispies
14 triple double oreos or 20 regular
5 cups mini marshmallows
3 Tbsp. butter
 
Grease 9x13 pan. Chop oreos. I like the finely chop some and also leave bigger chunks. Place Oreos and Rice Krispies in a large bowl and stir to combine.
In a medium sauce pan, heat butter and marshmallows together over medium heat, stirring constantly, until they melt together.
Pour melted marshmallows over cereal and oreos and use a spatula sprayed with non-stick cooking spray to quickly combine all the ingredients.
As soon as all the cereal is combined, spread mixture into the prepared 9×13″ dish. Use the spatula to press the mixture around the dish, and flatten as needed.
Let sit until completely cooled.
 
Follow TawnyAlexander on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment