Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Bars

Another PB recipe. I really do need to make more recipes with PB since I have 6 jars sitting on my shelf and Rylee's usually the only one that eats it. They look like brownies, but they're not. They're like a big, soft peanut butter cookie (bar) that tastes like a reese's peanut butter cup. It probably helps too that I used reese's pb chips. Careful, these guys are very tender until they've cooled completely. I line my pans with foil and I pulled these out of the pan before they had cooled completely and they started to cave in on me. They also fall apart easily until they've cooled. I ended up scooping some out on a plate as soon as they came out of the oven and eating it with a spoon because I can't wait for things to cool.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
two peas and their pod

Makes 12-16 bars
Ingredients:
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon course sea salt
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup peanut butter chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325.
Cream butter, peanut butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and mix until just combined.
Fold in peanut butter chips. Spread dough in a 9 x 13 baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray. Other sizes will work as well – they will just determine the thickness and cooking length of the bars.
Bake at 325 for 25-30 minutes. If bars are not done, bake for 5-6 minute increments. Let cool completely before slicing.
Follow TawnyAlexander on Twitter

2 comments: