Nuts (peanuts and almonds work well)
Melted chocolate for drizzling (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 F. Place pretzels on baking sheet and top with rolo. Put in oven until rolo is soft, but not melted; about 2 minutes. Remove from oven and place nut on top. You can also drizzle a little bit of extra chocolate on top if you want to get fancy, but completely not neccessary. Let cool.
two peas and their pod
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup cocoa
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Bag of Rolo candies, unwrapped
Sugar (for rolling the cookie dough balls in)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium blow, sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
3. With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla extract. Mix until blended.
4. Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture and blend well. Take a spoonful of chocolate cookie dough and wrap around one Rolo candy. Make sure Rolo is completely covered with cookie dough. Roll dough ball in sugar and place on prepared baking sheet. Continue until you run out of cookie dough.
5. Bake cookies for 7-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit on cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies