Monday, May 2, 2011

Dark Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream

I kind of made this recipe on a whim since I had a carton of cream that needed to be used asap and I happened to have some frozen raspberries left-over from the lemonade I made a few weeks ago. It was really easy and quick to make (aside from waiting time) and the ingredients are simple. I loved the texture of the ice cream, it was so thick and creamy. The raspberry and chocolate wasn't my favorite (maybe next time i'll try strawberry...) but it was still good. I'm usually pretty lazy when it comes to home made ice cream, i've only made it 3 times in the last 7 months or so since I got the machine but I enjoy it every time I do.

Dark Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream
Pennies on a Platter

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
5 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
2/3 cup sugar
2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen

Directions:
In a large, heavy saucepan, whisk together the whipping cream, cocoa powder, and sugar. Whisk frequently and heat until it comes to a full, rolling boil and starts to foam. Remove from the heat and stir in the raspberries. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender and purée. Press through a strainer over a mixing bowl to remove the seeds.
Chill overnight in the fridge and then freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Follow TawnyAlexander on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment