Monday, June 25, 2012

Forgotten Kiss Cookies

The other day I was looking for something to make for a girls night, and I was not in the mood at all to bake and was tempted to just buy something from the store, which I hate to do since I normally look for excuses to bake something. From the very very begininng of this pregnancy i've just felt exhausted all.the.time. I always tell myself i'll go to bed early or nap but instead I always tough through it though and don't let it stop me from doing everything that needs to be done. Yes, i've been pretty grumpy lately, especially with my kids. Can I just have a week alone on a desserted island? ANYWAY, back to the cookies. Girls night, didn't feel like baking. So I did some quick searching and came across this recipe and knew right away I wanted to give it a try. Very basic ingredients (you don't even need eggs) and the dough comes together quickly. The cookie had a slight melt in your mouth texture and tasted like shortbread. I really liked them and look forward to making them again with different kinds of kisses.
Forgotten Kiss Cookies

















Ingredients:
1 Cup Softened Margarine
1/3 Cup Sugar
1/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 Cups Flour
1 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips Or Mini M&ms
1 9oz. Bag Hershey Kisses (I used caramel kisses. Some of the caramel will ooze out but I liked them)

FOR CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE (optional): (I didn't do the drizzle on mine)
¼ cups Mini Chocolate Chips
1 teaspoon Shortening

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large bowl, beat butter/margarine, sugars, and vanilla until well blended.
Add the flour and blend until smooth.
Stir in mini chocolate chips.
Mold a scant tablespoon of cookie dough around each unwrapped kiss, covering completely. Shape into balls.
Place onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until set.
Cool completely, move from cookie sheet to wire rack.
Prepare chocolate drizzle, if desired, and drizzle over each cooled cookie.
makes 2-3 dozen
Follow TawnyAlexander on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment