Sunday, July 8, 2012

Mixed Berry Clafouti

Landon's diet consists of mostly berries and fruit. And by mostly I mean like 75%. It's ridiculous. I've tried trying to get him to eat other stuff instead but a lot of times he refuses and isn't happy until he gets fruit (other than the other select things he'll eat.) I guess it could be worse. Currently we have bananas, peaches, apples, an orange, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and lots of strawberries, and even with all that i'll be back at the store in a couple days restocking. So now i'm trying to look for new ways to give him the fruit. During my search I found this mixed berry clafouti and figured I would give it a try. He mostly picked the berries out but it was a good attempt. I've never made a clafouti before and it was a little mushy in the middle, not sure if it's supposed to be like that or if I should have baked it longer, but either way it was still good. I was out of strawberries when I made it so instead used blackberries, raspberries and blueberries.
Mixed Berry Clafouti
Driscoll's
Ingredients:
1 package (6 ounces) Driscoll's Strawberries (1 1/2 cups)
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 package (6 ounces) Driscoll's Blackberries
1 cup 1% milk
3 large eggs
1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cups granulated sugar
3 tablespoons Grand Marnier or orange juice
2 tablespoons butter, melted (plus more for pie dish)
Confectioners' sugar for dusting

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Butter a 9 or 10-inch glass or ceramic pie dish.
Hull and halve strawberries.
Toss strawberries with cornstarch.
Place cut side down in prepared dish.
Sprinkle blackberries around strawberries.
Blend milk, eggs, flour, sugar, Grand Marnier and butter in a blender until smooth. Pour over berries.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown, puffed, and set in center.
Remove from oven and dust with confectioners' sugar.
Let stand 10 minutes (clafouti will sink).
Serve warm. Follow TawnyAlexander on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment