I'm not that big of a fan of peanut butter. It's not that I dislike it, but I don't crave it or enjoy it nearly as much as I do chocolate. I made these a little bit different than the recipe (found on pillsbury website). First of all I didnt have crunchy pb so I used creamy. And after spreading the pb on the top I broke up 3 regular sized Hersheys bars and put it on top and after about a minute I spreaded it. Then instead of drizzling chocolate over the top of the marshmallows I did caramel. The photo (and recipe) is from Pillsbury so mine looked a little different. They didn't mush up at all like some bars.
This was Rylee when she was about 2 months old. Our little cookie monster in training :)
1/2 cup Crisco Butter Shortening Sticks, plus additional for greasing
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup Jif Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup Jif Creamy Peanut Butter
4 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup Smucker's Chocolate Sundae Syrups Ice Cream Topping
1. HEAT oven to 350ºF. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish with shortening.
2. COMBINE brown sugar, 1/2 cup shortening, peanut butter, sugar and egg in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
3. MIX flour, baking powder and salt. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Beat until well blended. Cover. Refrigerate 15 minutes. Press into prepared dish. Bake 20 minutes or until light brown. Do not overbake. Cool 2 to 3 minutes.
4. PLACE peanut butter in microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) for 1 minute. Pour over cookie base. Spread to cover. Cover with marshmallows. Drizzle chocolate syrup over marshmallows.
5. RETURN to oven. Bake 5 minutes or until marshmallows are light brown. Do not overbake. Loosen from sides of dish with knife. Remove dish to cooling rack. Cool completely. Cut with sharp greased knife into 2 x 2-inch bars. Yield: 2 dozen bars