Friday, May 28, 2010

Day 29: Zucchini Cookies

We met quite a few people today. We went to 3 house and they were all famlies with kids. The first house we went to lives right behind us, our backyards face eachother. The next one was a man that has 4 kids and is living with his parents since his house in Tracy burned down. On our way back home there was a lady walking and she stopped us and talked for a little bit. She lives a couple streets down and has been here for 60 years. She has 19 grandchildren. We invited her to come tomorrow and she said she'd stop by since she's usually out walking around that time and she doesn't have any kids or anything around.
Yesterday I picked the first zucchini from our garden. So what did I decide to do with my zucchini? Make cookies of course! I've never had a zucchini cookie before..last year my mom sent me a recipe from chocolate chip zucchini cookies but I never got around to trying it. I still haven't. I thought i'd try a different one this time since i've already given you a few recipes with chocolate chips. I really think the chocolate chips would have made this cookie a lot better though (to me atleast). I'm not really a big fan of spice type cookies, like ginger cookies or anything like that. I'll eat them..but I don't really care for them. However if you're into those kinds of things this might be somethin worth trying out. These are very soft and much like a cake. I left the raisins out of mine. Don't forget, tomorrow, our back yard, be there.
Zucchini Cookies


1/2 cup margarine, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 cup grated zucchini
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup raisins

In a medium bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg then stir in the zucchini. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; stir into the zucchini mixture. Mix in raisins. Cover dough and chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet. Cookies should be about 2 inches apart.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven until set. Allow cookies to cool slightly on the cookie sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely
Follow TawnyAlexander on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment