Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts

So my neighbor gave us some of these a couple months ago. We thought these were really good and I wanted to try them out. I took these and a double batch of smore's cookie bars to Matt's sisters house for Father's Day and they both got all eaten! Everyone really loved these. I didn't get an exact recipe but here's what I did. They looked perfect for the 4th of July since I used strawberries and Blueberries these were red, white and blue. I didn't get a picture of these but it's pretty easy to imagine what they look like.
Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts

2 rolls of sugar cookie dough (I used Pillsbury, or you could just make a batch or two homemade but this way it's a lot easier)
1 8 oz. package cream cheese
1 tub Cool Whip (or make your own whipped cream)
1/4 c.-1 c. powdered sugar (depending on how thick and sweet you want it to be, I probably did about 1/2 c.)
1/2 t. vanilla
Fruit of your choice- I used strawberries, blueberries, and kiwi-but had to take the kiwis off since they weren't ripe enough yet. Raspberries/Blackberries would be great too.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9x13 in. baking dish. Press cookie dough into bottom of pan. Bake until toothpick inserted comes out clean. They won't look really white like sugar cookies sometimes do, they'll be fairly browned, however they'll still be moist and chewy inside. Cool completely.
In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, cool whip and vanilla until well blended. Add powdered sugar gradually until desired consistency is reached and until well blended and somewhat fluffy. Spread on top of sugar cookie layer and top with fruit. Eat right away or Store in refrigerator. Easy! Follow TawnyAlexander on Twitter

1 comment: