Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Week 8: Magic Peanut Butter Middles

For our delivery today we gave some of these to the missionaries when they came by. When I saw this recipe on tasty kitchen and read the good reviews about it, I thought i'd give them a try. They were good..but I don't know if I would make them again, most my cookie recipes I like a lot more than this one. I like a lot of cookies/desserts but that doesn't mean I want to make them again. If I like it I would rather make something I love or something new in hopes that I love it. Matt, however, liked them and thought they were a keeper. It is what it is, chocolate and peanut butter, but nothing special. Let me know what you think if you give these a try.

Magic Peanut Butter Middles

FOR THE COOKIES:
1-½ cup All-purpose Flour
½ cups Cocoa Powder
½ teaspoons Baking Soda
½ cups White Sugar
½ cups Packed Brown Sugar
½ cups Butter
¼ cups Peanut Butter
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 whole Egg

FOR THE PEANUT BUTTER FILLING:
¾ cups Powdered Sugar
¾ cups Peanut Butter

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a small bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. In a large bowl, beat together the sugars, butter, and 1/4 cup of peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and egg. Slowly mix in the flour mixture. Set aside.
For the peanut butter filling, combine confectioners’ sugar and 3/4 cup peanut butter. Beat together well. Roll filling into 30 small balls. Try to keep the balls all the same size—around 1 inch.
For each cookie, use 1 tablespoon of chocolate dough and roll into a ball. It helps to flour your hands first. Squish the ball of chocolate dough flat and place a peanut butter ball in the center. Wrap the chocolate dough up and around the peanut butter ball to completely cover. Place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet. Dip the bottom of a glass into white sugar and use the cup to lightly flatten the cookie balls. Bake for 7-9 minutes.
Follow TawnyAlexander on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment