Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Carmelitas

I have a love/hate relationship with pinterest. I love all the ideas. I mean i've found some great stuff there, like these carmelitas and the stand they're on (yeah, I made that). But I hate that nothing is original now days, atleast that's how it seems. Everyone's making and doing the same stuff and even if you think you thought of it first, you just find out everyone else has already done it. Obviously I fall into that as well seeing as how I copied ideas and do so all the time. But it just doesn't feel as special when you can actually see something you want to do or make pinned all over other boards. And then there's that whole awkward thing about making something a friend has pinned, not that they have any claim to it anyway, but not wanting them to think you copied their stuff. Anyone else feeling like this? Maybe it's just me. But either way I still love browsing pinterest and finding new ways to waste my time. Here's one of my finds and boy was it a good one! They remind me of these smores cookie bars that I absolutely love, but with caramel instead of the marshmallow. This is one i'll definitely be looking forward to making again soon!
Carmelitas
seen on Lulu the Baker


Ingredients:
32 caramel squares, unwrapped
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Combine caramels and cream in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until completely smooth; set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, flour, oats, and baking soda. Pat half of the oatmeal mixture into the bottom of an 8x8" pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over crust. Pour caramel mixture over chocolate chips. Crumble remaining oatmeal mixture over caramel.

Return to oven and bake an additional 15-20 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting
Follow TawnyAlexander on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. Those were so good! Didn't I say that on your last post too? I need to stop eating your stuff. I know what you mean about not wanting to make something that someone else has pinned. I wanted to do that pumpkin thing that you did with Landon, ha ha, but thought that would be too lame to do it after you already did ;) Even though I know you wouldn't have cared.

    ReplyDelete