Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Chocolate Bowls

Happy Valentine's Day!! I've been cookin up a storm in prep for this evening. It'll be a little too late for us to go out by the time Matt gets home, so we're staying in! One of the things I made are these little chocolate bowls to hold our dessert in. I even used a little water balloon and made one for Rylee. Valentine's day is alll about the chocolate, and this is another great easy way to sneak some more in. I originally planned to do some white chocolate and dark chocolate mousse inside, but I was busy as it was so instead I got some ice cream, covered some strawberries in chocolate and and cut out a couple hearts from red velvet cake that I used for something else I made. Enjoy your evening!
Chocolate Bowls


What you need:
Chocolate, melted (how much you need will depend on how big and how many bowls you make)
Balloons
Wax paper/parchment paper

Directions:
Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
Melt chocolate.
Blow up some balloons (1 balloon per bowl) and dip the tops of them in the chocolate. Hold upright swirling the chocolate around for about a minute. (I put some sprinkles on them at this point, you could get creative and sprinkle on whatever toppings you'd like, or just leave them plain.)
Spoon some chocolate onto the wax paper to act as a base for the bowl and set balloon chocolate side down on it. (At this point I placed in the freezer for a minute to harden quicker because as soon as I put the balloon on the base the sprinkles started to run down the chocolate). Repeat with remaining balloons.
Put the chocolate covered balloons in the refrigerator for about an hour then remove and pop the balloons. Carefully peel them off of the chocolate. Serve or store for up to 3 days. Follow TawnyAlexander on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment