Sunday, January 22, 2012

Cinnamon Roll French Toast

Once when we were on a trip, Rylee had to go to the bathroom so we stopped at Black Bear Diner and Matt took Rylee in there to use the restroom. There were a TON of people there and after Matt saw someone's huge plate of food, we knew why. Ever since we've wanted to try the place and last weekend we were finally able to. First of all, we thought the food was really good! Especially for a diner. One of the things on the menu that struck my attention was cinnamon roll french toast. I love french toast. In fact it's my favorite breakfast food. I reallyy wanted to try it but I was in the mood for pancakes, so that's what I got. I'm not able to comment on theirs, but here's my simple homemade version that went over well. Obviously homemade cinnamon rolls would be so much better..but I went the easy route this time.

Cinnamon Roll French Toast


Ingredients:
1 can of 8 cinnamon rolls (or homemade)
2 eggs
scant 1/4 c. milk

Directions:
Bake cinnamon rolls according to package directions.
Meanwhile, mix together eggs and milk in a shallow dish.
When cinnamon rolls are finished, dip in egg mixture then place in preheated and buttered skillet or griddle. Cook on each side until golden brown.

Microwave cup of icing (included in cinnamon rolls) about 10 sec. or until just pourable. How long you heat it will determine how thick the icing will be. The top 2 photos it was heated slightly longer than the last one so you can see the difference.
Serve with drizzled icing and maple syrup.

*The canned cinnamon rolls have a little bit of a hard crust on them so the egg mixture doesn't soak up so well. I'm thinking homemade, or atleast a softer roll, would work a lot better, although this way still tasted really good! Follow TawnyAlexander on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment