Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Chocolate Chip Muffins

I got a jumbo muffin pan last month for my birthday and decided I need to break it in. I tend to like things (cupcakes, cookies, muffins, etc) either tiny or really big. Regular size seems boring. Even though I do make regular sized things a lot. Originally I was searching for a chocolate chocolate chip muffin recipe but didn't find one I wanted to try and settled for just chocolate chip (for now) since these looked pretty good. Matt thought these were really good. I thought they were good too, but not exactely what I was looking for. This muffin does have pretty good taste but is kinda thick/dense. I wanted something more lighter and fluffy, more like a cupcake I guess :) Still, it's not a bad cupcake at all and will go in my book until I find one to replace it.

Chocolate Chip Muffins
found on joy of baking

(who needs a fancy plate when you can use a paper towel??)


Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs
1 cup milk or cream
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cups granulated white sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips (I used milk)

Topping:
1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 deg F. Butter muffin pan or line with liners.
In a bowl whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla.
In another bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt then stir in chocolate chips. Fold the wet ingredients (including butter) into flour mixture just until combined. Tough muffins will result from over mixing.
Fill muffin cups evenly with batter. In a small bowl combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over each muffin.
Bake about 18-20 min. or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool about 5 min. before removing from pan.
Makes 12 regular size muffins (or 6 jumbo) Follow TawnyAlexander on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment