Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ice Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies

When I saw this recipe on pickypalate I knew I had to try it..soon. Ice cream..in cookies?? Sounds amazing! And they were! They were veryy soft and chewy, but they weren't too different than a typical chocolate chip cookie. I used vanilla ice cream like the recipe calls for. The ice cream maybe just added an extra hint of vanilla since cookies normally have vanilla extract in them anyway. But I wonder what other flavors would do to it. I keep thinking of all the flavors you could try, I think I want to do rocky road next time.

Ice Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies

























2 sticks softened butter
1 Cup granulated sugar
3/4 Cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 Tablespoons pure vanilla
Heaping 1/2 Cup vanilla ice cream (frozen from container)
4 Cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 bag chocolate chips (I used milk choc.)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars until fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla until well combined. Add in ice cream until combined.
2. Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl; mix. Add to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips; mix until just combined.
3. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are cooked through. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
3-4 dozen cookies
Follow TawnyAlexander on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment