Friday, July 16, 2010

Kit-Kat Bars

I love kit-kats. If I could only eat one candy bar for the rest of my life it would probably be kit-kat. I can eat way too many of those before i'm sick of them. These are called Kit-Kat Bars, however they don't really taste like a kit-kat. They taste like a butterscotch bar.. next time i'm going to reduce the butterscotch chips and use more chocolate chips and see if that helps. I like butterscotch, but I was thinking this would taste more like chocolate since that's what a kit-kat is. But they are really good! They have a nice crispy crunch from the crackers. They're one of those things where I cut off a little piece at a time and by the time i'm done i'll have eaten a huge chunk of it.

Kit-Kat Bars


Ingredients:
2 sticks Butter
½ cups Milk
1 cup Brown Sugar
½ cups White Sugar
2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
1 box (16 Oz. Box) Club Crackers
1 cup Chocolate Chips (I used milk chocolate)
1 cup Butterscotch Chips
⅔ cups Peanut Butter

Directions:
Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add milk, brown sugar and white sugar. Bring that to a boil and add graham cracker crumbs. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring constantly or frequently to avoid scorching. I learned that one the hard way.
Put a layer of Club crackers on the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Pour half of the graham cracker mixture over that. Add another layer of crackers, then the other half of the graham cracker mix, followed by a third layer of crackers.
Melt chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and peanut butter. Use to frost the bars by spreading it evenly over the top layer. Chill until firm then cut and serve.
Follow TawnyAlexander on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment