Sunday, July 18, 2010

Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love chocolate chip cookies. They are definitely my favorite. I don't have a favorite recipe, that would be way too hard since I love them all! So i'm always looking to try new recipes, even though I have several that I already love. I don't think i've made chocolate chip cookies with toffee yet though so I was excited to give this a try. These were soo delicious! Rylee liked them too. That girl will not even touch regular 'big people food' except somehow she knows what a cookie is. I've only given her tiny little pieces a couple of times before and she loves them! These didn't taste the same as a typical chocolate chip cookie due to the cinnamon, but it went along nicely. They almost tasted like a mix between a snickerdoodle and chocolate chip cookie. I liked the cinnamon in them, but i think it was a little too much for me, it distracted me from the rest of the cookie. This recipe is only about the size of a half of a regular batch of cookies. I'm making them for Matt's club tomorrow so I ended up making a 2nd batch and only put 1/2 the amount of cinnamon. The cinnamon was a lot less noticeable and they tasted a lot more like a typical chocolate chip cookie.
Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies




Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2-3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
6 TBLS. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
3 Heath bars chopped (or you could buy the bag of chopped ones for baking and use about 1 c.)

Directions:
In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar and sugar. Beat on until smooth Then add the egg and vanilla and beat on low speed until well blended. Add the dry ingredients and beat on low speed until combined. Mix in the chocolate chips and heath chunks.
Drop the dough by heaping tablespoons onto a baking sheet.(I like to line with foil, it makes clean up so much easier). Bake about 10 min (be careful not to overcooke) at 350 degrees F. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for a minute and transfer to a cooling rack.

Makes about 2 dozen.
Follow TawnyAlexander on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment