Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Caramel Cookies

We're back!! We had a great, much needed camping trip to Yosemite but now it's good to be back and into the routine of things, especially for Rylee. I know, I come back with another chocolate cookie recipe, but I couldn't resist! Remember how I went to the Ghiradelli Chocolate Festival and was introducted to their new Milk Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Caramel chocolate that's my new favorite? Well I wanted to make a cookie version of the chocolate square since I liked it so much. And now that it's fall the recipe seemed fitting. I've only seen this chocolate at the factory so far but when you see it in stores, try it out. I think the cookie turned out really good and something I would definitely make again.

Chocolate Caramel Pumpkin Spice Cookies


Ingredients:
1 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 large eggs
1 t. vanilla ext.
2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 TBLS. pumpkin pie spice
2/3 c. cocoa powder, unsweetened
2 c. milk chocolate chips
Rolos

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time then vanilla and mix until smooth.
In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice and cocoa powder. Mix flour mixture into butter mixture at low speed until no streaks of flour remain. Stir in chocolate chips.
You may refrigerate dough for about 30 min. so it's easier to handle, although I didn't since I was a little pressed for time (Rylee was sleeping.) Wrap just enough dough around a rolo to completely encase it and place on baking sheet.
Bake for 11 min. until set and just firm at the edges. Cookies should still appear moist. Cool on baking sheet for 4-5 min. then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Makes about 4 dozen.
Follow TawnyAlexander on Twitter

3 comments:

  1. well, was the cookie good?
    You guys look so cute in your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! yea it was really good actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pics are adorable. The cookies look great- pumpkin is perfect for Fall!!

    ReplyDelete